Apple is said to be planning to delay iPadOS 16 until October, a month later than the expected September release window, according to a new report.
Apple announced the software update in June, saying that it would be released this fall.
Apple’s delay of iPadOS 16 isn’t thought to also mean that iOS 16 will also be delayed, although macOS Ventura is also expected to arrive in October, according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman.
While Apple is yet to confirm the release date for iPadOS 16, Gurman believes that the October release window is thanks to the changes to multitasking that this update will have. Stage Manager is a big addition, and will alter the way people use their iPads.
The delay of the software is due, at least in part, to an ambitious effort to overhaul the iPad’s multitasking capabilities. The update includes a feature called Stage Manager that lets users operate several tasks at the same time, resize windows and bounce between different clusters of apps.
It’s possible that Apple will change its release plans over the next few weeks, with Bloomberg noting that the October release would also mean the software would arrive around the same time Apple is expected to announce new iPads.
iPadOS 16 is currently in the middle of its annual beta cycle, with some testing the latest release suggesting that Stage Manager is particular buggy. Apple appears to want extra time to get that right before making it available to the world.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6 Out Now
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 5 Download, Release Date: When Is Apple Expected To Release It?
- Download: iOS 16 Beta 4 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Out Now For Devs
- iOS 16 Beta 4 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta 4 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.