Here’s a potential iOS 14.0.1 jailbreak update. Hacker, security researcher, and prominent checkra1n team member Luca Todesco is at it again, and has taken to twitter to announce a working full exploit and PAC bypass for devices running Apple’s iOS 14.0.1 and iPadOS 14.0.1 platforms.
There never seems to be a quiet month in the jailbreak community. In a week where the community was rocked by the news that Project Zero’s Brandon Azad was moving to Apple to effectively try and thwart jailbreakers, Todesco has popped up to at least wipe away some of those tears and hopefully invoke a few smiles on the faces of passionate jailbreakers.
The extremely well-respected security researcher took to Twitter to share a screenshot of the announcement. It was then followed up with a second tweet confirming the exploit and PAC bypass:
3 days from lpe bug to full exploit & brand new pac bypass found accidentally. hard work!
It seems that even the most talented developers and security researchers need a little luck when they are searching for vulnerabilities in Apple’s firmware. Todesco has confirmed that it took only three days to go from a local privilege escalation bug to a working exploit with PAC bypass. His talent would have definitely played a huge part in this but it also seems that Todesco is crediting a little bit of luck with his admission that it was “found accidentally.”
— qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) October 5, 2020
There is additional good news. The shared screenshot in the original screenshot also shows that Todesco appears to be running a device running Apple’s A13 chip with the latest public version of iOS/iPadOS installed. Given that only devices with an A9 or A9X processor can currently be jailbroken running any version of iOS/iPadOS 14, this is extremely promising news for the future of an iOS 14 jailbreak.
At the time of writing, it’s entirely unknown whether or not Todesco will act on this latest discovery and actually use it to put together something tangible for the benefit of the jailbreak community. It’s very possible that the hacker could simply be sharing this for information purposes and has no intention of actually making the finer details public. As always, if anything develops we will be sure to update on the situation.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.