Apple isn’t likely to announce iOS 14 until WWDC in June, but 9to5Mac has been able to get their hands on snippets of code already. And some of those snippets suggest that we can look forward to a new, life-saving health feature.
We’ve heard rumors of Apple’s intention to add blood oxygen level monitor to Apple Watches before, but it hasn’t come to pass.
Much the same as sleep tracking, it’s likely the ability to keep tabs on blood oxygen levels will arrive at some point in the future. It’s just a matter of when.
Now, according to iOS 14 code, it appears that the feature is closer than ever to being released. It isn’t yet clear whether it will be a feature reserved for Apple Watch Series 6 users later this year, or if it will be available to those using existing Apple Watches.
The importance of good blood oxygen levels is obvious. A level of between 95% and 100% is considered to be sufficient, with problems setting in if that level gets below 80%. Risks of heart attacks and other issues increase as the percentage falls, so having an early warning of a low blood oxygen level can potentially save lives.
Some of Apple Watch’s competitors already support the same feature, including the inexpensive Fitbit. It’s also thought that the sensors already built into Apple Watches should be capable of monitoring blood oxygen levels, so our hopes are high that we won’t need to buy a new wearable to get the feature later this year.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.