A day cannot go by right now without a new Electra update being released.
This time we have beta 9 of the jailbreak toolkit finding its way into the hands of everyone who wants to get their hands on it, and with a few changes this time around it is well worth updating if you use it.
For those unfamiliar with Electra – you really should be, given the frequency with which are are covering its beta updates – the software is known as a jailbreak toolkit rather than a jailbreak, essentially because it is missing some of the creature comforts normally associated with a standard jailbreak tool. Namely, there is no Cydia, among other things. Still, with Electra you can basically jailbreak iOS 11.0 through iOS 11.1.2, which makes it a great tool for those creating tweaks and who need a way to test their work on devices. And since it features Comex’s Substitute – which is basically an alternative to Saurik’s Cydia Substrate – you can install tweaks on it too if you like using something like Tweak Installer.
With that said, what’s changed in beta 9 of Electra? Plenty, actually.
- Sandbox is now working on the first launch for apps and daemons (thanks stek29)
- Remove 0.5 second delay when launching apps or daemons that was present since beta 1 (coolstar)
- Check if a new beta is available when electra is launched
- Double-launch workaround has been removed since it’s no longer needed, fixing all bugs introduced on beta 8
- Remove AnemoneFonts.dylib as it was causing problems
- Important Note: If you are upgrading from beta 8-2 or lower to any beta 9 or higher, you will need to reinstall all tweaks and themes
Sounds worth a try, doesn’t it?
The latest beta of Electra can be downloaded in .IPA form from the official website coolstar.org/electra/ with installation carried out via the well known Cydia Impactor. We also have a full guide available on how to use Electra jailbreak which you can find over at: How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra With Computer [Tutorial].
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 Update: SEP On Latest Firmware Compatible With 11.1.2 For Downgrade Purposes
- Enable iPhone FaceTime App In UAE / Dubai Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- No Name Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Featuring New Animoji, iMessage Business, More
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes, Is It Possible?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]