Download: iOS 11.1.2 Electra Jailbreak Beta 8-2 Updated Released, Here Is What Has Changed
The Electra jailbreak, which instantly gives device owners the ability to liberate 64-bit devices running iOS 11 through iOS 11.1.2, has received a fresh new update taking it to beta 8. The update is available to download right now for all compatible devices.
The last public update for Electra was released just a number of days ago and included support for 3D Touch actions and additional protection around amfid. Beta 8 is now available on the website with direct links to the necessary IPA download as well as a link to the official source for the project.
This release includes the provision of sandbox mitigations and fixes known issues with WebKit, receiving calls, and downloading App Store applications. CoolStar, the developer behind Electra has released two builds under the beta 8 moniker. One of the great things about these jailbreaks is that the developer always likes to release verbose release notes which look to keep potential users in the loop about what’s new and what has been fixed. The official release notes for both are highlighted below.
The initial beta 8 release:
1. Sandbox mitigations are now in place so /Library, /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences and /bootstrap are now accessible to all processes! (stek29, coolstar)
2. Workaround sandbox mitigations not taking place on apps’ first launch (coolstar)
3. Known Bug: Apps will take longer to launch the first time they’re launched after rejailbreaking due to a workaround for another bug w/ unsandboxing not working on first launch
The follow-up beta 8-2 release:
1. Fixes issues with WebKit (Safari/Chrome), receiving calls, and downloading App Store apps by not working around the sandbox issue in those processes
2. Known Bug: Apps will take longer to launch the first time they’re launched after rejailbreaking due to a workaround for another bug w/ unsandboxing not working on first launch
If you have been patiently waiting for Electra to go through a number of releases to fix issues, you can see these latest releases fix some things that you have been waiting for, or you just want to ensure that you are always using the latest version of the Electra jailbreak tool, then you can grab the latest published IPA right now from coolstar.org/elctra. Remember that you will need Cydia Impactor to sideload the app onto the device.