The good news in the jailbreak community doesn’t always come in the form of a new jailbreak tool release for Apple’s devices and firmware. Positive news has been plentiful in recent weeks and continues to come with the knowledge that the latest version of the FutureRestore tool allows those with required SHSH2 blobs of iOS 11.1.2 saved to downgrade their firmware from the latest public iOS release.
We have tested and can confirm that FurtureRestore version 173 will allow users to downgrade, restore, or upgrade directly to iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.1.2 from the latest public version of Apple’s mobile platform, which is iOS 11.2.5.
This is possible because Secure Enclave Processor (SEP) with iOS 11.2.5 hasn’t changed with the update, making this chosen downgrade/re-restore possible on iOS 11.1.2. Of course, if you did have the foresight to save your SHSH2 blobs for iOS 11.1.2 when Apple was still signing it and prior to upgrading to iOS 11.2.5, then all is not lost when it comes to jailbreaking as this particular route will allow you to take that compatible iOS 11.2.5-running iOS device of yours and then downgrade to 11.2.5 and then jailbreak using tools like CoolStar’s Electra.
The tested and compatible version of FutureRestore, which is packaged as v173, can be obtained from the official GitHub page for the app here.
It’s been a funny old time in the jailbreak community of late. Plenty of tools have been released to liberate devices on iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.1.2 but it still doesn’t feel like we are living up the standards set a few years ago. That’s likely because the jailbreaks take so long to come into existence, and, even then, they aren’t what we’d call “complete” jailbreaks as there is still no updated Cydia or Substrate where iOS 11 is concerned.
Still, for those who still want to experience being jailbroken in order to gain more control over their device experience, this news should offer some solace.
You may also like to check out:
- Enable iPhone FaceTime App In UAE / Dubai Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Kodi Web Interface Not Working? Here’s How To Enable It The Right Way
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: iOS 11.2.1 Kernel Exploit Which Might Lead To A Jailbreak Will Be Released
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Featuring New Animoji, iMessage Business, More
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes, Is It Possible?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]