It has taken longer than most would have liked, but Samsung has finally made its Android 8.x Oreo update for the Exynos Galaxy Note 8 available, with French Galaxy Note 8 handsets being the first to start receiving it.
While the Snapdragon version of the update is already available for download, this is the first time a build specifically for Exynos devices has appeared, complete with the March security update along with all the usual Android Oreo updates that many users have been enjoying for months on other devices.
While this update will no doubt roll out to more and more Galaxy Note 8 handsets around the globe throughout the next few weeks, being able to install software via side-loading is something Android users should never take for granted and it’s that feature that means Android Oreo can be installed right now, without waiting for the OTA update to arrive. We’re going to run down what needs to be done below, and these instructions should work just fine for all Exynos Galaxy Note 8 handsets bar those originating from Korea. Let’s get started shall we?
Step 1: Make sure that the phone you are trying to update carries the model number N950F. If it doesn’t, stop now. Wait for the OTA update.
Step 2: Download the CRC1 Odin firmware files for your Galaxy Note 8 from here.
Step 3: Extract the Odin firmware.
Step 4: Reboot your device into its “download” mode by powering it off and then holding the Bixby button + Volume down + Power buttons.
Step 5: Download the Odin tool from XDA-Developers here and connect your phone to your computer. Once it is open, you will see plenty of options down the right side – you are not going to need all of them.
Step 6: Click the BL button and navigate to the Odin firmware files that you downloaded and extracted earlier. Select the file starting with BL. Next, do the same with files starting with AP, CP, and Home_CSC. Ignore CSC_XXX.
Step 7: Click the Start button. Sit back, wait, and try to relax. Once everything is done, your phone will reboot and you’re finished!
Now it’s time to enjoy Android Oreo on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
You may also like to check out:
- Here’s PUBG Mobile Network Error Code Fix To Try On iOS And Android
- Fortnite Jailbreak Bypass Of Detection Now Possible, Here’s How
- PUBG Mobile USA Version APK, iOS Download Links Officially Released
- Fortnite Mobile Invite Codes Sign Up May No Longer Be Needed To Play, Here’s What You Need To Know
- Fortnite Mobile IPA Link For iOS Download Now Available Outside The App Store
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.