HomePod 13.2 Update Download Released With Handoff, Ambient Sounds, Voice Profiling, More
Apple has today released HomePod’s updated software, bringing the version up to 13.2.
This update brings tons of features that were announced earlier this year, but had yet to arrive. This has been the case with multiple features across multiple platforms this year, delays were very much the order of the day.
Without doubt one of the biggest additions in this update is the ability to have the HomePod automatically recognize the voices of multiple people. In fact, HomePod can be taught to listen to up to six people, with those people then able to make Personal Requests for the sending and receiving of messages.
Ambient Sounds has also been added, with users now able to listen to white noise, ocean waves, rainstorms, and more. If you’re someone who likes to have a little noise when sleeping this is definitely the update for you.
There’s more in this update, too.
iOS 13.2 provides support for new HomePod features:
– The ability for HomePod to recognize the voices of different family members to provide a personalized experience
– Handoff music, podcasts or phone calls by bringing your iPhone close to HomePod
– Add music to your HomeKit scenes
– Play relaxing high-quality soundtracks with Ambient Sounds
– Set sleep timers to fall asleep to music or Ambient Sounds
HomePod 13.2 is available to download and install right now. If you have your HomePod set to automatically handle updates then it will be installed overnight. Otherwise, head to the Home app to kick things off.