Uber Eats and Amazon have announced a new partnership that will allow the Echo digital assistant to keep tabs on when your order will arrive
The new feature will apparently start later this month with Uber Eats customers able to turn on an order-tracking feature that will keep them up to date on how their order is progressing.
The whole thing will be made possible by a new Uber Eats Skill and then configure it to their liking. A new Alexa button will be added to the Uber Eats app to allow new orders to be tracked, TechCrunch reports.
There are a couple of ways Echo owners can receive the order-tracking updates. They can choose the more traditional notification method, which changes the Echo’s blue ring light to yellow, and customers can respond by saying, “Alexa, what’s my notification?” This is similar to how Alexa users may check in on their Amazon delivery updates, for example.
Alexa can also be configured to automatically announce when there has been a change to an Uber Eats order status, making the whole thing happen without any input from the user.
Don’t want Alexa telling you where your order is? The Uber Eats iPhone app recently gained support for the iPhone’s Live Activities, putting your order status on your Lock Screen as well as in the iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.