The wonderful and seemingly immortal GBA4iOS emulator has once again been put through an update. This time, thanks to a relatively new developer to the scene, the popular Game Boy Advance emulator for Apple’s iOS devices has been updated with full iPhone X display compatibility and is available to download and install right now.
GBA4iOS has long been one of the most popular emulators available for Apple’s iOS platform, albeit unofficially available outside of the App Store due to Apple’s rules on the types of apps offered for download.
The app has continually been updated over the years, although mostly by third-parties, and has often formed the inspiration for multiple other emulators to pop up and try to fill a niche, but nothing seems to be able to replace the original or come close to dulling its sparkle amongst those iPhone and iPad owners looking to play Game Boy Advance games on their modern mobile device.
However, where apps and experiences like GBA4iOS are concerned, one of the biggest criticisms by the community is that they never really know when, or indeed if, an update is coming, or if the app is going to be cast into the depths of despair and left to rot.
As mentioned, it’s generally left to third-party enthusiasts and the open-source community to download the open source project, plan and implement any changes, and then release back into the community as a compiled IPA. Which is exactly what has happened in this instance with one developer grabbing the source and implementing the inclusion of iPhone X support.
If you have your glorious iPhone X in hand, want to start experiencing everything that a modified version of GBA4iOS brings by using the full-screen real estate available on the device, then it stands to reason that you are ready to get this particular version installed to your device. You will, of course, need to download the newly modified IPA file from this here.
Once that is in your possession, you will then need to head on over to our installation guide which shows you exactly how to sideload that IPA file to your iPhone using Cydia Impactor. You can find that, here: Download GBA4iOS 2.1 iOS 11 IPA On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required].
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3 Beta 3 Release Notes, Changes, Features: Everything New In One Place
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA With CPU Throttling Toggle, New Animoji, And More
- iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak: Here’s What You Need To Know
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- iOS 11.2.6 Release Notes, Changes, Security Content: Everything You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]