When it comes to the world of jailbreaking it’s difficult to know where things will go next. People have been jailbreaking since the early days of the iPhone and it continues to this day.
iPhones and iPads aren’t the only things that can be jailbroken; Mac Pros can as well.
To be more specific, we’re talking about the T2 chip housed inside the Mac Pro and other modern Macs. Apple uses the T2 chip to handle things like Touch ID and other system-level authentication. It’s the reason you can’t swap out SSDs in modern Macs, for example. The T2 is tied to the storage to prevent a bad actor from switching drives out for those that are compromised, for example.
But it turns out that hacking the T2 is possible, and the team behind the Checkra1n exploit has shown that off via a tweet.
We see a MacBook Pro sat atop a Mac Pro that’s been jailbroken, with the suggestion that this is the most expensive device ever to be jailbroken. And given the price of the Mac Pro it’s difficult to argue with that!
— Rick Mark (@su_rickmark) May 7, 2020
It’s unclear right now what the benefit of jailbreaking a Mac Pro might be, but we’re sure someone will find a use for it. This is the jailbreak community after all.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 4
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak