CoolStar, the developer of the Electra, has released an updated fork version of Cydia Installer 1.1.30 for Electra iOS 11 jailbreak. This latest release, which is listed as Cydia Installer 1.1.30-coolstar5, doesn’t bring any additional features which users can take advantage of.
First and foremost, due to the fact that the jailbreak scene is a little confusing at the moment, it’s worth clarifying that this release of version 1.1.30 of the Cydia Installer has absolutely no synergies with the original 1.1.30 Cydia release of the same version number which took place approximately twelve months ago by Saurik.
The release back in February 2017 was an “official” release which brought dramatic performance improvements and enhancements for Chinese users as well as a bunch of other behind-the-scenes improvements. This latest release is based on CoolStar’s own fork of Cydia for iOS 11 and therefore exists to ensure that no conflicts or bouts confusion take place between his fork and Saurik’s official version going forward.
As mentioned, those jailbroken using Electra jailbreak, and who have this modified version of Cydia installed in order to access tweaks and packages on iOS 11, will see an update showing as version 1.1.30-coolstar5, which is basically an update with a new naming convention and to remove Saurik’s official repo from Cydia in order to avoid any future conflicts or issues between the official version and this forked version.
The good news is the removal of any possibility of conflicts going forward. The bad news is that this release doesn’t actually bring any additional features or compatibility improvements to those who are using it.
This is just another step forward for CoolStar who is looking to make the Electra jailbreak the single-go-t0-solution for all things jailbreak on devices running iOS 11. Jay Freeman ‘Saurik’ has been talking about an official update to Cydia and Substrate for quite some time now. However, communications on that topic appear to have fallen by the wayside leaving the jailbreak community with little option but to walk the Electra route if they want any type of liberation on their devices running iOS 11.0-11.1.2.
For those using Electra, the latest Cydia update is available to install right now so grab it while it’s hot.
You may also like to check out:
- Fortnite Mobile Invite Codes Sign Up May No Longer Be Needed To Play, Here’s What You Need To Know
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Download In USA Of Battlefield Variant [China Version]
- PUBG Mobile USA English IPA Download On iOS Can Now Be Installed Without App Store, Here’s How
- Fortnite Mobile IPA Link For iOS Download Now Available Outside The App Store
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]