We’ve been expecting Apple to announce the iPhone 12 in September, just like it announced previous iPhones in the same month. But as with so many things right now, it seems coronavirus might yet have a say in that.
According to a new report, Apple’s travel restrictions could push the iPhone 12’s launch back a month.
The report, courtesy of the always semi-reliable DigiTimes, claims that Apple has extended its previous travel ban by a month. As a result, Apple’s engineers have been prevented from heading out to China in order to give the thumbs up to the iPhone 12’s final testing. As a result, the phone simply might not be ready to move onto the next stage in time to get it out the door in September.
Related supply chain makers had originally expected the rescheduled EVT procedures to be carried out by the end of March enabling the kick-off of volume production of the new iPhone devices in June, said the sources, adding that a further delay of EVT tests to the end of April could postpone the volume production by another 1-2 months.
Judging from the revised EVT schedule, Apple’s product launch for the next-generation iPhone devices could to be postponed to October, said the sources.
If that’s the case, it’s possible Apple won’t have the required inventory to stage a September launch. It could, however, decide to announce the iPhone during its usual September window but not make it available for sale until a month later. Similar methods have been used for iPhone launches in the past, with the iPhone X springing to mind.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4 Beta 5
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak