It’s time to pour one out for the first MacBook Pro with Retina Display after Apple officially marked the computer as obsolete. The move takes place worldwide and comes more than eight years after it made its debut in 2012.
The MacBook Pro with Retina Display is what started the move to an all-Retina display lineup that was only completed with the arrival of a refreshed MacBook Air last year.
Apple has published a new support document that notes the machine is now no longer eligible for repair with “no exceptions”.
Obsolete products are those whose sales were discontinued more than 7 years ago. Monster-branded Beats products are considered obsolete regardless of when they were purchased. Apple has discontinued all hardware service for obsolete products, with no exceptions. Service providers cannot order parts for obsolete products.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
If you do have one of these MacBook Pro with Retina display notebooks and something goes wrong, it’s probably time to look at an upgrade. Carrying out a repair yourself might be possible and the likes of iFixit often have guides that can be followed to deal with most common faults. But beyond that you might have to try and find an independent repair shop willing to take on the task.
But really, at eight years old, it’s probably time to lay this one to rest and pick up something a little bit newer.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile Download Release Date Expectation
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 3 Of iPadOS 13.6 Out Now
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.