Apple plans to add a number of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers to its list of vintage and obsolete products list. The move will come on April 30, according to an internal document picked up by MacRumors.
Apple’s products become vintage once they were last manufactured more than five years ago.
Apple says that users of those devices can still get their hardware serviced at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers if required. However, that will only be the case wherever the replacement parts required are available. If you need something that isn’t, you’re out of luck unfortunately.
The computers that will be added to the list at the end of April include:
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2014)
Eventually, all products will be added to this list, but it’s always strange to see computers you’ve used or owned added to it sooner than you would have expected. This is being written on a 2015 13-inch MacBook Pro which will presumably be added to the same list around this time next year, for example.
Apple does offer a trade-in program for those who want to upgrade, although the amount of money available will depend on the product that’s being handed in, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak