If all goes according to the usual release cadence we can expect Apple to announce the Apple Watch Series 6 later this year, likely in September or October. If that’s the case we’ll be looking to see what’s new, and now a new report claims that we can expect some form of biometric authentication. Likely in the form of a Touch ID sensor.
The new report comes via iUpdate and The Verifier and it suggests that we might see a Touch ID sensor built right into the Digital Crown.
We’ve heard thoughts before, but this is the first time we’ve seen it suggested as part of an upcoming product. However, it’s worth noting that The Verifier believes we might have to wait until 2021, making this an Apple Watch Series 7 feature.
Right now the Apple Watch doesn’t have any kind of biometric authentication, although there are security measures in place. An Apple Watch requires a PIN to be entered when it’s first worn and it needs to be entered again if it’s taken off. If users don’t want to enter the PIN they can unlock the iPhone that’s paired to, instead, which is certainly a better approach.
We’re not sure that an Apple Watch really needs Touch ID and there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the current implementation. But maybe we’re wrong!
There’s also a mention of a blood oxygen meter, which has been reported earlier as well, along with a sleep tracker. Another interesting point here is the belief that the Apple Watch Series 2 won’t be supported by watchOS 7. That’s bad news for owners of that watch who are hopeful that sleep tracking is coming this year.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak