Apple has now stopped signing iOS 15.2 which has the impact of preventing people from downgrading from iOS 15.2.1. It also means that iOS 15.2.1 is now the only option for people who are restoring their iPhones.
Apple made iOS 15.2 available to the public shortly before Christmas on December 13 and released iOS 15.2.1 around a month later.
That update brought with it a fix for a CarPLay bug while also dealing with a HomeKit security exploit that would potentially cause iPhones and iPads to repeatedly crash. That was brought on by creating a HomeKit device with a name that had an unusually long name.
People don’t often need to downgrade from iOS releases but it does crop up every now and then. The main reason is to be able to jailbreak, although that is itself less relevant than it once was.
Another reason for some to downgrade is when they hit bugs in the laters release, although again Apple doesn’t normally stop signing updates until a little while after they were released — giving people time to downgrade if they need to.
Apple released iOS 15.2.1 on January 12 and is already well into the beta testing program for iOS 15.3 with developers and public beta testers now running the update on devices.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.2.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.2.1
- Jailbreak iOS 15.2.1 On iPhone And iPad – Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.