Apple has stopped signing iOS 14.7, preventing people from being able to downgrade from iOS 14.7.1 should they want to.
The move means that iOS 14.7.1 is now the only version of iOS that is available for people to install on their devices.
Apple released iOS 14.7.1 a week or so ago, presumably giving it enough time to be sure that there are no big issues with it before forcing people to install it. Right now, anyone who restores an iPhone will have to install iOS 14.7.1 whether they want to, or not. The only other option is iOS 15 for those who have the correct developer or public beta profile installed.
Apple tends to make sure that the latest version of iOS is the one that people are installing for a few different reasons. The first is to ensure that users have access to the latest and greatest features, while another reason is to prevent people from jailbreaking older versions of iOS that are susceptible to that.
This time around however, it seems the reason is likely important security fixes that were added to that release.
At this point it isn’t clear whether this iOS 14.7.1 release will be the last one before iOS 15 arrives this fall, around the same time new iPhones also arrive.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.100 ISO Beta Update Released
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 4 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.