Apple has silently removed its ‘Designed by Apple in California‘ design book from sale on its US-facing online store. The gorgeous product book was initially put on sale three years ago in 2016 but has now disappeared from the organization’s website.
In Apple’s own words, the ‘Designed by Apple in California’ book “chronicles 20 years of Apple design through 450 photographs of our products and the processes used to make them.”
It’s a stunning book aimed at those with a passion for product design and who want to see the iterative process that goes on behind the iron curtain. The book is a “visual history spanning iMac to Apple Pencil”, and acts – what Apple describes – as a “testament” to its meticulous internal processes which span across multiple departments in order to hone the perfect creative process.
When launched, the book was extremely popular and snapped up by enthusiasts all over the world. Now, however, the dedicated ‘Designed by Apple in California’ marketing page is still active and accessible but the purchase link leads to a “the page you are looking for can’t be found page”, which suggests that Apple has removed the book from sale entirely. If so, it seems that the company’s meticulous internal processes aren’t followed throughout the whole business as it’s extremely sloppy work to leave the active links up on that marketing site, which ultimately provides visitors with a negative and frustrating experience.
Those who live in different countries will have a different purchase experience. The book appears to have been removed entirely from sale in the United States but is still available in a slew of other territories. As an example, the book is still available in the United Kingdom starting at £249.00 for the 330-by-413mm variant. Availability in other countries is sporadic, however.
When Apple initially launched the book back in 2016 it made the hardback available in two different sizes, the aforementioned 330-by-413mm and a smaller 260-by-324mm option. They were originally priced at $299.00 and $199.00, respectively.
For those who managed to grab it in the U.S. over the last three years, well done, for everyone else, it may have just become a collector’s piece, meaning that the secondary sales price of the book will rise year-on-year. If Apple is discontinuing sales, then we can expect it to be removed from other sites in due course.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver [Video Tutorial]
- iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Unc0ver / Chimera Jailbreaks
- Download iOS 13 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13 Beta 8
- iOS 13 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How-To
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Unc0ver 3.5.0 IPA For iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, iPad Pro Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]