This is just in. Apple has launched “iPhone 7 Repair Program for No Service Issues”. The company says that it has found out that a very small number of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus users may experience an issue where “No Service” is shown in the status bar even when cellular service is available in the said area.
Apple says that this is due to a component failure on the main logic board of the device, and the company says it will repair your device free of charge even if out of warranty.
The select iPhone 7 and 7 Plus units affected by this were manufacturered and sold between September 2016 to February 2018 in either China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao or the United States (including Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands). The affected model numbers are A1660, A1780 (China), A1660 (Hong Kong, Macao, U.S.) and A1779 (Japan).
To check your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus model number, head to Settings > General > About > Legal > Regulatory and look for model number right at the top of the interface.
If the model number shown is among any of the above, and you are experiencing the afformentioned “No Sevice” problem, immediately take it to an Apple Store or an authorized Apple Service Provider to claim your free repair.
While this program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of your iPhone 7, it does apply to affected devices for up to 2 years after the sale.
Apple also says that if you were previously charge for a repair of this issue at an Apple Store or an authorized center, you can claim for free refund until end of March 2018. The company will be contacting those customers via an email shortly.
You can find more info on this over at Apple website here.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak And Cydia Update With Electra: It’s Almost Here
- The Best Kodi 17 Krypton Skins / Themes [2018 Edition]
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: iOS 11.2.2 Signing Window Glitch Allows You To Downgrade From Latest Firmware
- iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.