Apple still owes us a new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro, and now it looks like a leaker may know when we can expect these new machines to land. According to @dylandkt, we will ‘definitely’ see them announced in the fourth quarter of 2021.
That’s not all though, he goes on to say that Apple will also be releasing a redesigned Mac mini alongside the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models.
It has been suggested for some time that Apple has readied a new M1x chip for these new MacBook Pros – which as expected will be more powerful than the existing M1.
Interestingly, in response to a question about the possibility of a new iMac Pro powered by a new M series chip, Dylan says that an iMac Pro wont be coming this and instead the redesigned Mac mini will make the cut and feature an M1X processor.
The M1X will be the first upgrade of Apple’s in-house custom chip which currently powers the 13-inch MacBook Pro, the MacBook Air, Mac mini, and 27-inch iMac. As for the M1X, Dylan told us by the end of April that it’s “an extension of the M1 that will contain more thunderbolt channels, cpu cores, gpu cores, multiple external monitor support, and greater power draw…”.
Apple is expected to throw in an HDMI port, an SD Card reader, MagSafe, and many more ports on the MacBook Pros that it had been skimping out on since a few years, and this new chip might just allow the company to do that. In addition to extra ports, we can expect flatter edges, reduced bezels with the ‘MacBook Pro’ logo on the bottom being removed.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.