For anyone who has been looking forward to Apple’s release of the AirPower wireless charging pad and AirPods wireless charging case, there is some good news on the horizon. Potentially dubious, but potentially accurate, report is suggesting that Apple has plans to release both new accessories next month in March.
An unnamed source from within Best Buy is suggesting that Apple is planning on pushing both new wireless accessories out into the market next month.
Floated into the public domain by The Apple Post, the report is suggesting that Apple will begin sales of the innovative AirPower wireless charging pad in the coming weeks, which is an accessory which will allow multiple compatible devices to be charged wirelessly simultaneously without having to align them in a specific place on a pad like we have to currently with Qi-based chargers. The same release schedule is supposedly going to be applied to the new wireless charging case for AirPods.
If accurate, it means that all customers will have the ability to charge their compatible Apple products wirelessly with a single accessory. Apple’s iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X are all capable of wireless charging with a compatible accessory. Apple Watch Series 3 and the new wireless charging case for the AirPods are also capable of being charged wirelessly, which means that they can all sit harmoniously together on the new AirPower charging mat to take charge.
According to the unnamed source, Best Buy – and presumably other official and authorized resellers – will operate a policy of putting the new hardware up for online and in-store sale at exactly the same time when Apple starts selling the gear.
All of that sounds perfect, and definitely will breed excitement amongst potential consumers, until you take into considering that the publication in question hasn’t exactly been reliable in past where predictions are concerned. Apple users have been waiting for some additional news regarding AirPower since it was originally announced back in September during Apple media event.
Tim Cook’s company has remained tight-lipped on when the hardware will actually make it into the market but if this tipster turns out to know what he is talking about, then the release is going to be sooner rather than later.
(Source: The Apple Post)
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Emojis: Check Out All Of 150+ New Characters Right Here
- iOS 11.3 Public Beta 2 Download / OTA Update Released
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 2 IPSW, OTA Released For Testing
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Adam Donenfeld’s iOS 11.2.2 Vulnerability Could Result In A New Liberation Tool
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]