We don’t yet have the 2019 iPhones locked down but that isn’t going to stop attentions already turning to 2020. To that end, renowned Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that three new iPhones will launch next year including a high-end 5.4-inch and 6.7-inch pairing. A new lower-end 6.1-inch iPhone is also in the cards.
Interestingly, Kuo also says that all three iPhones in 2020 will include an OLED screen, something that hasn’t been the case in recent years and isn’t expected to be how the 2019 iPhones line up, either.
The claims do however match some made by the notoriously temperamental DigiTimes a few months prior.
Kuo’s claims come via a new research note that MacRumors was able to get its hands on. Kuo says that both the high-end 5.4-inch and 6.7-inch models will come with 5G support baked in, while the lower end model will not.
We expect that the new 2H20 iPhone lines will include the high-end 6.7-inch and 5.4-inch OLED iPhone models and the low-end 6.1-inch OLED iPhone. The 6.7-inch and 5.4-inch OLED iPhone models will likely support 5G. We expect that the PA usage of each 5G iPhone will be 200% more than the current number for iPhone models. Sole suppliers, including Broadcom (designer) and Win-semi (manufacturer), are the significant winners in this case. […]
We believe that the content of Apple and Qualcomm’s previous settlement includes Qualcomm’s release of partly 5G baseband chip source code to Apple for Apple’s development of own 5G PA/FEM.
The expectation is that the 2021 iPhones will all ship with 5G capability, with Apple’s own 5G modems potentially ready as soon as 2022.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- Download iOS 13 iPadOS Beta 2 OTA Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [Tutorial]
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Including iPadOS 13 Beta 2
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]