Apple is largely expected to announce three new iPhones later this year, but according to a report by Economic Daily News out of China, there may actually be a fourth handset on the horizon specifically built with that country in mind.
While existing rumors have Apple launching an OLED 5.8-inch iPhone X replacement as well as a 6.5-inch OLED iPhone X Plus, the LCD 6.1-inch model is the one we’re interested in here today.
A lot of talk has Apple set to make that iPhone its first with dual-SIM capabilities, but if this new report is true there will actually be two versions of that phone available; one with a dual SIM tray configuration for use in China (and maybe India as well) with another sporting a single tray for use everywhere else around the globe.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has been banging the drum that an iPhone capable of taking two SIM cards is coming all year and recent discoveries in the iOS 12 beta 5 release have also indicated that to be the case with references to a second SIM tray spotted, so it’s clear someone somewhere will be able to buy one. This new report is the first time we have heard that the device will be a Chine-only affair however, although it does make a modicum of sense
No matter how many SIM card trays it ships with the LCD iPhone is expected to be the least costly of the new handsets, making it perhaps more likely that Apple would choose it as the model that could be offered in two different configurations depending on the region in which it will be sold.
(iPhone X Plus and 6.1-inch iPhone dummy units)
With Apple set to announce its three, or four new iPhones in a matter of weeks it won’t be too long before all this guesswork comes to an end. At least until next time.
(Source: Economic Daily News)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Brandon Azad To Release Exploit For iOS 11.4 Which Is Fixed In New Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.