Apple’s next big release of the iPhone and iPad software, iOS 11, was announced during the opening keynote of WWDC, and it was on-stage that the company also gave one of its best demonstrations yet.
We are of course talking about the demonstration which showed off what ARKit is capable of, with the new framework built to give developers the ability to create immersive, full scale augmented reality apps for iPhones and iPads.
The demonstration showed off what gaming could be like with augmented reality used to its full potential, but there are plenty of other implementations for the framework that go beyond shooting aliens and driving cars. Since the release of the iOS 11 beta, we have seen developers release videos of what they are working on, and ARKit has already given them the ability to create some truly impressive apps.
We have covered a few of them already, and the latest to pop up on our radar comes via the Made with ARKit Twitter account, and it shows how an app could be used to show how accessories or perhaps even furniture fit into a room or home ahead of making a purchase.
In the accompanying video, a cushion can be seen in an app that could be one built by a store, like Ikea. The beauty of this app however is that it leverages ARKit, meaning that once a cushion is selected it can then be placed on any flat surface in the real world.
So, have you ever wanted to buy something but wondered whether it would fit in with your existing decor? With ARKit and the work of developers, that’s now possible and as the video shows it looks great. Everything is to proportion and the cushion interacts with its environment in a way that is believable. We can’t wait to use an app like this when making online orders in the future!
— Made With ARKit (@madewithARKit) July 7, 2017
(Source: @madewithARKit [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 Beta 4 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Free Online Without Cable Subscription, Here’s How
- Download FileBrowser IPA On iOS 10 / 11 [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download Windows 10 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Windows 10 Product Key And Activation: How To Find It And How It Works
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 2 And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 3 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]