The infamous iPhone hacker named George Hotz (aka geohot) is back big-time! In a new blog post today, he has announced that he has a working solution to jailbreak & unlock Phone 3GS, 3G, iPod touch 2G, 3G (new bootrom), and most probably the iPad as well. This is what he said about the untethered jailbreak on his blog.
The jailbreak is all software based, and is as simple to use as blackra1n. It is completely untethered, works on all current tethered models(ipt2, 3gs, ipt3), and will probably work on iPad too.
Here is a video proof of untethered jailbreak by Hotz himself!
In the meantime, you can also check out our complete jailbreaking guides for iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G using redsn0w 0.9.3, redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.
UPDATE 1: Jailbreak iPad with Blackra1n is confirmed by Geohot! More info here.
You may also like to check out:
- GreenPois0n to Jailbreak iPad OS 3.2?
- GreenPois0n to Jailbreak iPhone 3.2 and iPad Untethered
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.01
- Fix 1604 Error During iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW Custom Restore
- AppSync for iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak Firmware