According to MacRumors, Apple is expected to release iTunes 9.1 on April 3rd, the same day as iPad’s US launch date. This new version of iTunes will bring support for iPad, and a new “Books” section which will replace the existing “Audiobooks” section in the iTunes Store.
Genius Mixes feature will also be updated to bring more enhancements which will allow automatic selection of songs that go well together. Users will be allowed to rename, delete and rearrange their Genius Mixes the way they like. Genius Mixes feature will also be added to iTunes DJ shuffle feature.
Apart from this, iTunes 9.1 will also bring slight visual changes to the “Summary” pane view, including a move of “Check for Update” and “Restore” buttons to the left side. The automatic conversion of songs to 128 Kbps AAC format when synching (a feature of iPod Shuffle) will now be supported across all the iDevices.
UPDATE 1: iTunes 9.1 is here! Brings Support for iPad ! More info here.
You may also like to check out:
- iPad App Store Screenshots Leaked
- iPad vs Kindle DX – The Definitive Comparison
- Jailbreaking Apple iPad – The Possibilities
- iPad vs HP Slate – Where Do You Stand in this Mac vs PC War?
- Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.2 and iPad (Video)
- GreenPois0n to Jailbreak iPhone 3.2 and iPad Untethered