iOS 11.1 beta 3 brings back ability to access Notification Center or Cover Sheet via Reachability gesture just like how it was back in iOS 10 days. Here are the details.
Apple’s iOS 11.1 beta 3 is now in the hands of developers and fans of Reachability will be pleased to learn that one particularly well loved feature has now returned after having been inexplicably removed in iOS 11.
The ability to invoke Notification Center via a gesture when a user is in Reachability mode on Home screen was seemingly removed in the initial iOS 11 beta days and while many expected it to make an appearance during the development process, it never did. Now, though, with the release of iOS 11.1 beta 3, Apple has righted that wrong by once again allowing such a gesture.
The removal of a gesture to allow Notification Center to be invoked after Reachability is used was highlighted when one user emailed Apple’s software head Craig Federighi, lamenting the feature’s removal. Federighi replied to say that Apple was “fixing it” and now we have proof of exactly that, and perhaps much sooner than any of us expected.
You may remember the email from an earlier post, with user Michael pondering just why the feature was removed in the first place. If you don’t, you can read it in full here.
We’re sure Michael will be a happy chap today, as will everyone who makes use of Reachability and has missed this feature since iOS 11 rolled around last month to all compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices around the world.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1 Beta 3 Changes, Release Notes, Changelog: What’s New?
- PS4 5.0 Jailbreak Exploit Discovered By Luca Todesco
- Download: iOS 11.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links Released For Testing
- Ultimate IPTV Kodi Addon 2017 Download: Here’s How To Install It
- Facebook++ iOS 11 IPA Download On iPhone [No Jailbreak Required]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]