With iOS 11, well at least with beta, you can hack Snapchat on iPhone, sort of anyway. Here are the details.
If you are an iOS user, who also enjoys everything that the wonderful Snapchat app offers, then you are probably going to want to take notice of a new feature within iOS 11 which basically hacks the app and allows content to be captured without the sender being notified.
Snapchat has grown over the years with new features being added on a regular basis. However, one a staple feature has been the fact that a sender is always notified with an alert when a recipient of a Snap opts to screenshot the image or video which has been sent.
Given the fact that Snapchat doesn’t natively offer media recording as a built-in feature, it means that those users who want to cherish or save an image have to fall back to that screenshot functionality. More often than not, much to the displeasure of the sender.
The introduction of the iOS 11 Screen Recording feature basically means that a user can now essentially hack Snapchat and record content and media without the sender having any knowledge that it is actually happening. The recipient of the Snap simply has to make sure that the Screen Recording functionality is in place and activated before heading into the Snapchat app and interacting with the sent Snap. For more information on how to activate screen recording on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11, head over to our guide here: How To Use iOS 11 Screen Recording Feature On iPhone Or iPad.
With screen recording active, the media will automatically be captured in a video on the device and saved to the Camera Roll for viewing at any time. It also has full audio functionality so any video-based snaps will be captured with the full experience.
It’s totally unknown if Snap Inc. is aware of this little workaround in iOS 11, or if the company has a policy in place to circumvent that new iOS 11 functionality and prevent it from happening in future, or by the time iOS 11 hits mainstream this fall.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 11 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- 150+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Updated List]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]