Here’s iOS 11 beta 2 download expected release date for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices registered on Apple Developer Program.
It should be common knowledge by now that Apple introduced the initial iOS 11 beta shortly after the opening keynote of this year’s Worldwide Developers Conference. It has only been a matter of days since launch, but it’s probably fair to suggest that a large number of developers – and non-developers in all honesty – have already taken the opportunity to get that initial pre-release seed on their device.
An initial release is definitely exciting, but it’s likely to be the most buggy version of the release roadmap, leading most to ask when will Apple issue the second beta with multiple improvements? When it comes to predicting Apple’s iOS 11 release schedule, which will hopefully give us an accurate estimation of when we can expect future releases, it can be extremely worthwhile taking a trip down memory lane to revisit the time taken between previous beta releases.
To do that, we can use data from the releases of iOS 8, iOS 9, and last year’s iOS 10 to try and get a better understanding of how Apple tends to approach these situations:
- iOS 8: beta 1 was released on June 4, 2014, beta 2 on June 17, 2014
- iOS 9: beta 1 was released on June 9, 2015, beta 2 on June 23, 2015
- iOS 10: beta 1 was released on June 14, 2016, beta 2 on July 5, 2016
If we look at those previous releases and take into consideration the amount of time it realistically takes to make tangible changes on a platform of this nature, then you start to get an understanding that Apple usually works on a two-week release schedule in order to get new builds into the hands of developers. If that two-week prediction is taken into account again, then we should be expecting the second beta of iOS 11 on or around Monday, June 19th, 2017 or Tuesday, June 20th 2017.
But if last year’s iOS 10 beta 2 release schedule is anything to go by, there’s also the possibility of Apple releasing iOS 11 beta 2 on Monday, June 26 with public beta 2 dropping couple of days later for those on Apple Beta Software Program, as promised by Apple.
It’s definitely an exciting time for those who adore a new version of iOS and interacting with new features and refinements. It’s also an exciting time for Apple and its internal engineers who are tasked with delivering noticeable improvements and updated in very strict time constraints.
For anyone currently running the initial iOS 11 beta, make sure to continue to push bug reports and issues directly to Apple to ensure that the company has all the information needed to make real progress going forward.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- 150+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Updated List]
- iOS 11 Beta Vs iOS 10 Visual Differences Comparison [Screenshots]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]