JailbreakMe has to be hands down the easiest jailbreak method ever, but since it uses userland exploit like Spirit, it doesn’t hacktivate phones. iPhone dev and hacker named Sherif Hashim came up with a way to activate phones without having the original SIM cards but now it seems like Apple has found out about the phonebook SIM card trick and they have blocked it. And so if you activated your phone using phonebook SIM card, you will be getting the dreaded “Different SIM Detected” error on your lockscreen as shown in the screenshot below.
Follow the steps below to fix this problem.
Step 2: Activate your phone by using phonebook SIM card as shown in the video posted below.
Step 3: Follow the step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G using JailbreakMe 2.0.
Step 5: Now replace the phonebook SIM card with your unofficial / unsupported carrier SIM. It is now that you will receive the “Different SIM Detected” error.
Step 6: Download i-FunBox for Windows from here.
Step 7: Connect your iPhone with you computer and let the i-FunBox software detect your phone.
Step 8: Now navigate to /private/var/root/Library/ and delete the original lockdown folder as shown in the screenshot below.
Step 9: Now simply download the patched version of lockdown folder from here, and place it in the same location you deleted the original from: i.e. /private/var/root/Library/
Step 10: Restart your iPhone.
Some other JailbreakMe related fixes that you maybe interested in..
- Fix Purple Screen Problem When Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Fix Skype Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 / 4.0.1 Device
- Fix PDF Exploit in Safari After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe Using PDF Loading Warner
- How to Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)