If you recently unlocked your iPhone 4 and tried to run it on a T-Mobile US SIM, you must have noticed that MMS doesn’t work anymore. Well good news is that there is now a fix available in Cydia which will fix this problem once and for all.
Simply follow the instructions posted below to fix MMS issue on unlocked iPhones on T-Mobile US running on iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0.
NOTE: You will need to have a jailbroken iPhone to get it to work. Follow the step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G on iOS 4.0.1. Instructions for unlocking iPhone 4 can be found here, and for iPhone 3GS and 3G can be found here.
Step 1: Start “Cydia” on your iPhone. Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom, and then on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
Step 2: Now touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://cydia.pushfix.info” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
Step 3: After installation is completed. Search for “T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4” in Cydia and install this application.
Step 4: Now navigate to Settings –> General –> Network –> Cellular Data Network and verify that you have the following settings for MMS:
MMS Proxy: 126.96.36.199:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Step 5: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! MMS should now be working on your jailbroken and unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile US.
Some other JailbreakMe related fixes that you maybe interested in..
- Fix Purple Screen Problem When Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Fix Skype Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 / 4.0.1 Device
- Fix PDF Exploit in Safari After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe Using PDF Loading Warner
- Fix “Different SIM Detected” Problem in iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe
- How to Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)
You can follow me on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking releases.