Apple today has released iTunes 9.2.1 for both Windows and Mac OS X. This is a minor release which mainly brings stability & performance improvements, along with bug fixes when taking backups and syncing all the iOS based devices. Full change log is as follows.
iTunes 9.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
– Disables older versions of some incompatible third-party plug-ins
– Addresses minor issues with dragging and dropping items
– Addresses a performance issue when first syncing to some devices with iTunes 9.2
– Addresses an issue upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone or iPod touch with encrypted back-ups
– Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance
This new update is not available yet on Apple Software Update utility. You can grab it directly via the link given below.
Download iTunes 9.2.1 for Windows and Mac
Note for Jailbreakers and Unlockers: It is better NOT to update until I have tested it with my jailbroken / unlocked iPhone.
UPDATE 1: iTunes 9.2.1 update is now available on Apple Software Update.
UPDATE 2: It has now been confirmed. iTunes 9.2.1 is safe for all jailbreakers and unlockers.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G with Redsn0w
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)
You can follow me on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.