YouTube is now testing a feature that will allow people to zoom into the videos that they are playing. The feature, which is only available to those who are part of the YouTube Premium subscription, allows users to “pinch to zoom.”
The feature is only available as a preview right now which means that it will need to be enabled in order to function.
It’s also a feature that is limited to those paying for the Premium subscription, suggesting that it will be locked behind the same paywall if it goes beyond a test.
Those with the new feature enabled will be able to zoom in on videos 2x, all while it continues to play. However, YouTube says that it will be bringing its test to a close on September 1 which means you might need to test it now if you intend to take it for a spin.
YouTube does have a history of putting features into the wild as previous, only to make them available to subscribers later.
Background playback is one example of such a feature. There is however no timescale for when that will happen. Although the preview will end at the end of this month, don’t necessarily expect it to be opened up to all subscribers at the same point in time.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6 Out Now
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 5 Download, Release Date: When Is Apple Expected To Release It?
- Download: iOS 16 Beta 4 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Out Now For Devs
- iOS 16 Beta 4 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta 4 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.