WhatsApp now allows users of the instant messaging service to use it on multiple phones at the same time. This is the first time that multiple phones have been able to sign into the same account at the same time.
While WhatsApp previously allowed people to sign into tablets and computers using their primary pone, the ability to use two phones is new.
A feature highly requested by users, now you can link your phone as one of up to four additional devices, the same as when you link with WhatsApp on web browsers, tablets and desktops. Each linked phone connects to WhatsApp independently, ensuring that your personal messages, media, and calls are end-to-end encrypted, and if your primary device is inactive for a long period, we automatically log you out of all companion devices.
As you’d expect, all chats and messages are synced from one device to the other without anything going missing, making this a great way for people to have WhatsApp installed on a private and work phone at the same time, for example.
WhatsApp says that the new feature is rolling out to accounts now and will be available to everyone within the next few weeks.
WhatsApp also says that it’s working on a new way for people to sign into their accounts via WhatsApp on the web. Now they’ll be able to enter their phone number and receive a one-time code to log in rather than having to scan a QR code.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.