Now that we know that Apple’s big iPhone 11 unveiling will take place on September 1oth, attention has turned to exactly what we should expect from it. New iPhones are a given, but will anything else be in the cards?
Possibly. But let’s start with the iPhones.
New iPhones Galore
The iPhone 11 is locked and loaded. We know we are going to see three new iPhones similar to last year’s iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max. The lineup is changing in the way it’s labelled, however. The iPhone XR is expected to be called iPhone 11. The iPhone XS will be iPhone 11 Pro. And the iPhone XS Max will become iPhone 11 Max, or Pro Max. Who knows at this point?
The iPhone 11 will be the cheapest of the three with two cameras like the current iPhone XS. An LCD Liquid Retina display is likely, and multiple colors will be in play, too.
iPhone 11 concept by Waqar Khan
The real fun starts with the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Max. They’re both going to have three cameras with a new wide angle lens included. Bi-directional wireless charging is also expected, allowing the phones to charge AirPods when they’re in the Wireless Charging Case.
None of the 2019 iPhones are expected to sport 3D Touch, but improved Face ID with better support for steeper angles will be there.
Apple Watch Series 5
There’s a fairly good chance that the Apple Watch will see a refresh during this event. Don’t expect huge changes, though, with the Series 4 having been the Apple Watch’s iPhone X moment. There may be new titanium and ceramic versions, though. Beyond that there isn’t a lot known about what features will be included. But we’d expect Apple to have something up its sleeve beyond new materials.
Whatever that is, don’t expect something of the calibre of last year’s ECG unveiling, though.
Macs are more likely to be announced in October, but it isn’t unheard of that they could share stage time with the iPhone. The Mac Pro has been outed already, but we’d expect some news on shipping times and whatnot. The same goes for the Pro Display XDR. And, of course, that stand.
The iMac and iMac Pro are both due updates of some description but again, we’d pin those on an October announcement rather than September. The same goes for the 16-inch MacBook Pro that has been heavily rumored in recent months.
A new iPad Pro lineup is due soon, and some rumors have it gaining new cameras of its own. Again, we’d expect it to come in October and we haven’t heard all that much about it so far. The same goes for new iPads although a 10.2-inch model is said to be in the works. We’d expect that to be announced alongside the new iPad Pro models, though. And again, that’s likely to be in October. You can only fit so much into a single event and the new iPhones big enough to take up all the time on their own, not to mention the iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 walkthroughs that we can expect.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]