We told you recently about U.S. president Donald Trump managing to call Apple CEO Tim Cook by the wrong name during the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board meeting a couple of days ago.
Cook was mistakenly called “Tim Apple” by Trump, and the Internet understandably then went to town creating meme upon meme about the faux pas. Now, Cook himself has had a little fun with the situation, changing his last name on Twitter to the Apple logo.
Cook somehow kept a straight face during the live-streamed event but that doesn’t mean he didn’t notice. Changing his name on Twitter is an obvious bit of fun, although we’re sure if asked he would just say that he was promoting the company he works for. We all know that’s not the case, however.
Trump has form for calling people by the wrong name, and also did the same thing to Marillyn Hewson – the CEO of Lockheed Martin – by calling her “Marillyn Lockheed.”
If you were wondering how the White House sees things, the official transcript of the event did note the misspoken name, although it sought to spare the President’s blushes by adding an em dash to proceedings, making it sound like Trump was recognizing the company Cook works for.
Again, we know that’s completely false, but in the grand scheme of things we suspect Cook doesn’t really care what Trump calls him at this point. There’s only one person that had egg on their face after the miss-up.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 Using Luca’s WebKit Exploit May Soon Be Possible
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPad Or iPhone
- Best Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones