When it comes to online security, one of the best ways to improve yours is to make sure that you use strong, secure passwords across all of your services and that they are all unique rather than shared. That last part is important, but it is also the part that is often most overlooked.
Even if you choose a random string of 500 characters as your password, that won’t help you if one account is compromised and a hacker tries their arm by testing the same password on a different service. Strong, unique passwords – it’s the only way to try and keep accounts safe, and the folks at SplashData have released data on what are the worst passwords of 2017.
The data is an amalgamation of passwords that were found during various leaks throughout the previous twelve months, and some of them are old favorites such as “123456” and “password.” There are at least some new bad passwords to take note of, though, with “starwars” being the most notable. Unfortunately, that is not even remotely secure, as SplashData CEO Morgan Slain notes.
“Unfortunately, while the newest episode may be a fantastic addition to the Star Wars franchise, ‘starwars’ is a dangerous password to use. Hackers are using common terms from pop culture and sports to break into accounts online because they know many people are using those easy-to-remember words.”
The company also shared an infographic highlighting the 25 worst passwords of 2017. We suggest checking it out and if anyone of them look familiar, it might be time to reset your password to something a little more useful. With apps like 1Password and LastPass available across multiple platforms, there really is no excuse for bad password hygiene these days.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA Released Ahead Of Holidays
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 2 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- Houdini iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Semi-Jailbreak Tool Is Being Worked On
- Cydia For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Is Being Worked On, Confirms Saurik
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]