Jay Freeman Saurik, who many consider as the Godfather of iOS jailbreaking world, has confirmed that he is working on Cydia support for upcoming iOS 11.0-11.1.2 jailbreak.
Coming out of a hiatus of some sorts, Saurik says that he is currently losing a lot of money on maintaining Cydia, and to be honest, that is not surprising at all given we haven’t had a “proper” public jailbreak for iOS in a long, long time now.
Taking in on a Reddit thread, he said: “I never made “millions” and I currently lose a lot of money each month on Cydia. I now have a “day job” where I spend a bunch of my earnings to pay for it (which I then have to balance with Cydia work). I am working on the iOS 11 updates even so, because despite people like you always trying to dispell people from thanking me for my efforts, I have managed to maintain my passion for the concept of jailbreaking as I truly believe in the concept.”
Whatever you may think of Saurik, there’s no doubt that the jailbreak community as a whole owes a lot to Saurik for creating and maintaining Cydia this long through all the thick and thin.
And now with an impending iOS 11 jailbreak based on Ian Beer’s exploit, lets just hope that this jailbreak, when released, gives Cydia, Saurik and jailbreak community as a whole a much-needed new lease of life.
All of us here at RP are certainly excited for the prospect of having a flagship device like iPhone X jailbroken again, with Cydia and all of the goodness that jailbreak tweaks bring to it. Are you? Sound off in the comments below.
You may also like to check out:
- FilzaJailed IPA Download On iOS 11 Lets You Install Filza With Full Root Access [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Update: Cydia Now Works Albeit In A Limited Way
- Downgrade From iOS 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak No Longer Possible Now, Here’s Why
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]