Tesla has confirmed that it will hold a special event to celebrate the first deliveries of the Semi electric truck.
While the event hasn’t been officially announced, Martin Viecha, Tesla’s head of investor relations, has confirmed that shareholders can apply to get involved. They’ll be drawn out at random, meaning nobody is guaranteed entry.
This news comes after Tesla CEO Elon Musk had said that these kinds of events would be put on hold while the company focused on making sure that it could ramp up production of its various EVs. Such events were once commonplace, as Electrek points out.
While Tesla used to hold regular unveiling events for new products and production vehicle programs, the automaker moved away from them since the pandemic and instead held Battery Day and AI Day events annually.
The Tesla Semi was first announced in 2017 and has been in the works ever since. We do know that Pepsi will be the first company to take delivery of the new trucks, but other details aren’t clear. We’re expecting Tesla to confirm things like range, with previous configurations said to offer rough 300 and 500-mile estimates.
If you want to attend the Semi delivery event as a retail shareholder, please make sure you have a verified shareholder status on our IR website (unverified manual submissions are eligible if the paperwork is correct). We'll be doing a random draw where 1 share = 1 entry. https://t.co/odL8a0t43L
— Martin Viecha (@MartinViecha) November 11, 2022
We’re also expecting Tesla to say more about efficiency, with the company having previously said that “less than 2 kWh per mile” was what it was aiming for.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1.1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.