Tesla continues to dominate the electric car market in the United States, with new numbers claiming that it has around a 68% market share.
According to numbers collated by Electrek claim that Tesla cars make up four of the top 10 best-selling electric cars in the US market so far this year, with the Model Y being the most popular vehicle of all.
The 68% number is impressive of course, but it’s a slight reduction on the almost 70% from last year and a massive 79% the year before.
The current top 10 best-selling electric vehicles in the United States include:
- Tesla Model Y: 103, 215 units
- Tesla Model 3: 97,075 units
- Ford Mustang Mach-E: 18,399 units
- Tesla Model S: 15,317 units
- Tesla Model X: 13,384
- Hyundai Ioniq 5: 13,200 units
- Kia EV6: 12,036 units
- Nissan Leaf: 7,911
- Kia Niro EV: 6,931 units
- Polestar 2: 4,873 units
The Model 3 sits in the second spot with a huge difference between its more than 97,000 vehicles to the Ford Mach-E’s 18,400. Ford’s F-150 Lightning pickup is expected to jump into that table soon enough, however.
While the numbers don’t necessarily make great reading for most carmakers, it’s at least a net positive that there is now viable competition for electric vehicles that aren’t made by Tesla with a range of price points catered for.
Those looking to spend as little as possible will still need to avoid electric vehicles however, despite the Model 3’s relatively low price at the time of its release.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6 Out Now
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 6 Download, Release Date: When Is Apple Expected To Seed It?
- Download: iOS 16 Beta 5 IPSW Links For iPhone And iPad Released
- iOS 16 Beta 5 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta 5 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.