References found within a Tesla software update point to the potential of impending support for a slew of new music streaming options. In addition to Spotify, Tesla owners could soon add credentials for Apple Music, Tidal, and Amazon Music.
At the time of writing, Spotify is the only music streaming service that is supported by Tesla’s infotainment system. That means that Tesla owners can provide their Spotify credentials and get easy access to Spotify-based music and content without any fuss or interruption.
Earlier in the year, Tesla used its Battery Day presentation to announce support for additional music services and although that hasn’t come to fruition yet, traces within the firmware suggest it’s about to.
A couple of photographs shared by @greentheonly via Twitter show the Audio Settings menu within Tesla’s infotainment system in software update 2020.48.26 with options for services like Apple, Tidal, Audible, Amazon, and more. Unfortunately, those toggles don’t yet appear to be active, with another photograph showing that attempting to connect to Apple’s services via the infotainment system failed with the message “Unable to reach Apple. Try again later.”
It seems unusual to expose this type of menu option to end-users when it has yet to be activated but it’s all-but-proof that Tesla is actively working to bring additional support for new audio services to vehicles. Tidal is expected to be the first additional service that comes online with others, such as Apple Music and Amazon Music, to be added at a later date.
Looks like more media sources are coming soon. Though it's not quite there yet.
The icon in UI is wrong, but the correct on is already populated. pic.twitter.com/dmavYUvuh7
— green (@greentheonly) December 27, 2020
The potential for new music services isn’t the only thing that has been exposed via software update 2020.48.26. We recently let you know that Tesla’s new Boombox feature was alive and kicking for vehicles with an external speaker system thanks to this holiday update.
It also exposed a number of new games, including The Battle of Polytopia, Cat Quest, and Solitaire. Software update 2020.48.26 also added driving visualization improvements, Scheduled Departure improvements, Emissions Mode Testing improvements, and more.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.