This comes after unnamed sources spoke with Bloomberg, saying that it’s possible that the PS5 could end up costing around $450 to produce per console. Sony also reportedly usually decides on console pricing in February ahead of a console launch. Not this time, however, with the Japanese company instead taking a “wait and see approach” to proceedings.
One of the reported reasons for the increase in cost is the improved cooling system that the PS5 will use. Bloomberg’s source reportedly says that the component’s cost per unit is “unusually expensive” when compared with previous console releases.
Sony reportedly declined to comment when asked by Bloomberg, but if the PS5 does cost $450 to produce, we can expect it to be a costly purchase for gamers, too. The PS4 reportedly cost around $380 to build and sold for $399, so it’s likely we can expect the PS5 to initially retail for at least $470 or more.
We’re expecting Sony to release the PS5 in or around October, so it’s still going to be a few months before we know for sure. It’s also likely that there will be more leaks ahead of time, though.
The official PlayStation 5 website, launched earlier this month.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 Released
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak