Here’s how to download and install ProTube++ IPA on iOS 11 iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device. No jailbreak is required for this process to work.
ProTube has managed to obtain itself an unbelievably good reputation over the years with iOS device owners. It was initially launched in the Cydia store for those users who were lucky enough to have a jailbroken device.
It then took a more mainstream approach when the developer – Jonas Gessner – totally rebuilt it from the ground up to offer the best possible YouTube experience on the App Store. For one reason or another, and after a few battles with YouTube over the use of the API, the app has now been pulled from the App Store. But worry not, as you can still get it sideloaded on your device as a “++” version. Here’s how.
Step 1: To begin this process, you need a small amount of enthusiasm, a desire to watch YouTube videos with more functionality and power than the official app offers, and a little bit of free time. Oh, and you also need the ProTube++ IPA file.
Step 2: Once you have them all, you are going to need to get the IPA file onto the device. You obviously can’t do this via the App Store as you already know that the original ProTube has been pulled from Apple’s servers. So, with that in mind, you are going to need to work some sideloading magic using either Xcode or Cydia Impactor, depending on your preference and type of computer you have access to. You can choose your poison from one of the following methods below:
- Official method – Mac only [Xcode 7 or higher]: How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode 7 For Free
- Windows or Mac [Cydia Impactor]: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: Now that you have the IPA installed, you are going to need to tell the device that it is a trusted installation and that it should be allowed to execute like any other app. To do this, launch the native Settings app and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management. On some iOS devices, this could simply be called Device Management.
Step 4: Locate the profile which has been installed with the ProTube++ app. Once inside, you will see the Trust button in the middle of the display. Tap on this and then tap into Trust again. This essentially tells the iOS system that we trust this profile, we trust the app, and that we want to allow it to load when tapped.
Voila! You should be good to go. Exit the Settings app and head to the Home screen where the app should be installed, ready for use. Simply tap on the icon to launch it.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2 Beta 2 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- Download: iOS 11.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA Now Available For All Devices
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.