Feral Interactive has launched an announcement trailer which confirms its intentions to release a port of the PC classic ‘Company of Heroes’ on Apple’s iPad platform.
This type of game has always favored the tactical-minded individual who likes fast-paced action and it looks as though the iPad port will be no different.
The original Company of Heroes title was released over a decade ago in 2006 and was instantly toted to be a classic real-time-strategy (RTS) offering. At that particular time, there was really nothing else quite like it, which meant that the game could go from strength-to-strength in a league of its own, picking up admirers and an almost cult-like following along the way.
Things have changed slightly in those thirteen years with the Relic Entertainment – the owner of the game – now falling under the SEGA umbrella and the technological landscape have a dramatic shift in favor of smaller, more mobile devices.
The announcement trailer lasts only 20-seconds but contains pretty much everything that makes a trailer for a game of this type great. It has soldiers leaving a transportation ship in the sea under heavy fire. It has mounted Gatling guns tearing up the enemy. It has soldiers diving for cover as explosions rain down from the misty skies. It has destructive tanks breaking through barricades as soldiers take cover and unload round-after-round from their primitive rifles. And it even has aircraft peppering the battlefield with bullets and brave airmen descending into the battle arena with parachutes.
The trailer definitely does not disappoint but, alas, also contains the heartbreaking “not actual gameplay” label for the entirety of those 20-seconds. With that said, it definitely whets the appetite of those iPad gamers who love a challenging real-time-strategy type of game. What it doesn’t do, however, is give any additional details on which iPad models will be supported or which versions of iOS/iPadOS.
Given its expected release date, it’s likely that this will require iPadOS 13 to run and will need a fairly modern iPad to be able to smoothly execute the gameplay.
We will endeavor to provide more information as it becomes known on this one. But, for now, strap yourself in as Company of Heroes is coming to iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 7 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.