Sometimes we come across something that just makes our jaws hit the floor, and today is one of those occasions after we caught a glimpse of NXBoot, a new utility that makes it possible to run payloads on a Nintendo Switch.
What makes this all the more interesting is the fact that it requires a jailbroken iOS device (using Electra or otherwise) in order to work.
Available to download via GitHub right now, NXBoot uses a jailbroken iOS device in order to run the code that then goes off and jailbreaks its way into the Switch. This is accomplished by a USB cable that connects the two devices together and may have the potential to open the door to all manner of super-cool projects in the future.
The utility’s release was made public via social media and has caused quite a stir:
This is the first public release of NXBoot, a utility to run payloads on your Nintendo Switch.
Homepage and download info: https://mologie.github.io/nxboot/
I strongly recommend you to get familiar with the Nintendo Switch homebrew community prior to using this application to start anything on your Nintendo Switch.
Attribution and prior work: Fusée Gelée by ktemkin and ShofEL2 by the failoverfl0w team served as reference for payload construction. JustBrandonT from GBAtemp worked on a similar app independently of this project.
While the included video is very short, it does show the magic happening and that’s all I need in order to be get excited.
I am personally a huge fan of the Nintendo Switch, just as everyone else is, and I can’t wait to see where this kind of work takes us in the future.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.