Owners of Linksys Tri-Band Velop routers can look forward to HomeKit support after the company started to roll out a software update adding the feature. Linksys had promised that HomeKit support was on the way earlier in the year and it’s now arriving.
Getting the update isn’t all that easy, however, and it seems that Linksys hasn’t made it available to everyone just yet. Those who can get it will be able to update their hardware via the Velop app for iPhone and iPad.
The arrival of HomeKit-compatible routers is fairly new and it allows users to control their internet connection through the Home app.
They can control which devices and accessories are able to connect to the internet, giving them instant and easy access to changes that would previously have required a trip to a web browser or a manufacturer’s own app.
Users will also have access to firewall settings and whatnot from their iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
So far there are a number of models that seem to be good to go, including the A03, WHW0301, WHW0301B, WHW0302, WHW0302B, WHW0303, and WHW0303B flavors of router. If you haven’t yet been able to update your own device, we’d suggest checking again tomorrow. It’ll arrive eventually!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 14 To iOS 13.7, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.