Leviton may not be a company many are familiar with, but it’s just announced a new electrical Load Center, a circuit breaker panel that works with an accompanying iOS app via WiFi or Ethernet.
The inclusion of smarts via the iOS app means that users can control their circuit breaker remotely, including seeing electrical consumption and receiving alerts should there be an issue.
The announcement of the new Load Center took place at the 2019 NAHB International Builders Show that is taking place in Las Vegas, with Leviton’s COO saying that consumers now want smarter homes than before, with the Load Center an easy install option.
“Today’s homebuyers want a smarter home and we’ve answered the call with the Leviton Load Center”, said Daryoush Larizadeh, president and chief operating officer of Leviton. “The enhanced version of the Leviton Load Center is a ground-breaking milestone in our long history of innovation, integrating intelligence and efficiency into the nerve center of the home. It is easy-to-install for contractors, provides home builders with a smart, safe and aesthetically pleasing product for their customers, and simplifies the daily lives of homeowners.”
Unfortunately pricing and availability haven’t been announced a yet, so the Load Center isn’t expected to be arriving just yet. When it does though, there are some impressive features to look forward to for anyone who likes to know exactly what is going on with their circuit breakers.
- Monitor electricity usage per branch circuit or appliance
- View usage trends and estimate their electricity bill
- Setup alerts to be notified when a circuit breaker has tripped and why, or if an appliance has been on or off for a user-defined amount of time
- Be assured the load center’s smart circuit breakers are receiving the latest firmware updates
- Remotely turn off a branch circuit breaker to shed loads
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it?
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4: Downgrade To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 And Jailbreak Using RootlessJB, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 / iOS 12.1.3: Downgrade Now As Brandon Azad Has Released His iOS 12.1.2 Exploit
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPad Or iPhone