Apple could well be on its way to achieving some consistency in the Mac’s naming convention with the launch of the 2022 MacBook Air and a new iMac Pro. According to MacRumors, citing some recent rumors, Apple will launch a MacBook and iMac Pro which in turn will set the tone for future renaming of its Mac machines.
We know Apple is looking to launch around five new Macs in total in 2022; a redesigned MacBook Air, a budget MacBook Pro, new redesigned Mac mini, a Mac Pro, and a 27-inch iMac Pro.
This wouldn’t be the first time Apple has released a ‘MacBook’, but the MacBook Air has since taken over with the MacBook discontinued. With the release of this redesigned machine in 2022, Apple will have the MacBook and MacBook Pro lineup.
As for the iMac, Apple increased the size of its 21.5-inch iMac to 24-inch this year with a complete redesign of the machine. The 27-inch iMac is yet to be refreshed, and reports indicate that Apple might bump up its display to a 32-inch one. Not just that, it will be called the ‘iMac Pro’ with a more powerful M2 chip in place.
Apple’s 2017 iMac Pro has long been discontinued with Apple promoting the 27-inch iMac instead as it stood out more powerful and was gentler on the pocket too. The Pro moniker would help customers understand which machine is aimed at professional use, just like the MacBook Pro.
Interestingly, the use of this Pro moniker would also help Apple bring its Mac lineup to match the iPhone lineup as well. What about the iPads though? We still have the iPad Air in between the entry level iPad, and the higher-end iPad Pro. There’s also the AirPods and AirPods Pro.
There is clearly enough evidence out there that Apple will be looking to simplify its naming convention for its hardware starting next year, but it’s still a wait and watch game right now.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.