It’s the news that we’ve all been waiting for and we now, finally, know how much we will pay for a brand new PS5 and when we’ll be able to touch one. The answer to those questions came at the very end of an online game showcase yesterday – PS5 launches on November 12, starting at $399.
That $399 will get you your very own PS5 Digital Edition, which obviously comes without a disc drive of any sort. If you’d prefer somewhere to slide your games, you can upgrade to the disc version and pay $499 instead.
Pre-orders went live today on Amazon, but stock just ran dry, and is likely to be the same at other retailers and for some configurations. Accessories are also available for pre-order as well, again with limited stocks seemingly available.
- Pre-order: PS5 Digital Edition: $399
- Pre-order: PS5 Regular Edition: $499
Interestingly, that launch date of November 12 isn’t a worldwide one, either. Instead, the US, Japan, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea will be able to play on day one. The rest of the world will need to wait until November 19. The odd one out is China, with no release date at all right now.
The staggered release might suggest that previous reports about low manufacturing yields might have had some truth to them, with Sony giving itself an extra week to build enough consoles for everyone to buy.
PS5 Global launch schedule: pic.twitter.com/zgwfUX6iVl
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) September 16, 2020
Did you get your pre-order in and if so, what game are you looking forward to the most?
You may also like to check out:
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Status Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 14 To iOS 13.7, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.